Frequently asked questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: May children attend your programs?
- A: Yes. Children as young as nine years old may attend any of our programs with consent from a guardian.
- Q: My husband is not very physically fit. Will he be able to participate?
- A: Yes, because our programs are tailored to our client’s goals and abilities. Just let us know about any limitations and we will design the perfect program for you.
- Q: Where will we go rock climbing?
- A: Our regular locations include, but are not limited to:• Malibu Creek State Park• Stoney Point• Echo Cliffs• Tahquitz & Suicide Rocks• Joshua Tree State Park• Owens River Gorge• Big Bear Area Climbing, OnRope Consulting defers to and operates under special and specific use permits granted by the above land managers.
- Q: Where will we go backpacking?
- A: Our regular locations include, but are not limited to:• Joshua Tree State Park• Big Bear Area• Yosemite Area• Sequoia and Kings Canyon National ParkOnRope Consulting defers to and operates under special and specific use permits granted by the above land managers.
- Q: Why don't you list your prices?
- A: Here at OnRope, we think that everyone who has the desire to learn and explore through our programs should be able to do so.We love what we do and love teaching and facilitating transformational experiences. We would like to make our programs available to as many folks as possible. We will work with you in regards to our fees.
- Q: Do I bring my own food?
- A: It is your responsibility to bring food, water and snacks. A detailed “To Bring” list will be provided to each client upon program enrollment.
- Q: What kind of clothing do I wear?
- A: Breathable athletic wear is customary. Avoid wearing denim. A detailed “To Bring” list will be provided to each client upon program enrollment.
- Q: Do you provide equipment for your programs?
- A: OnRope provides most equipment needed for our programs. Upon program enrollment, a “Welcome Packet” will be sent containing items that we recommend and/or require that you bring with you. See below for an idea of some of the equipment that we provide.
Rock climbing equipment provided:Shoes, Harnesses, Helmets, All ropes and hardware needed for climbing, Instructional equipment
Backpacking equipment provided: Backpack. Sleeping bags. Sleeping pads. Shelters. Eating utensils, Group cooking equipment, Group water and treatment equipment, Group navigation equipment, Toiletries needed for restroom use, 3 Meals per day, Water, Group snacks, i.e., G.O.R.P, apples, oranges and energy bars
Ropes courses equipment provided: Helmets, Harnesses, Safety equipment. Ropes, Water